Who We Are
Starboard Accounting & Consulting is a Winston-Salem based accounting firm that specializes in helping small businesses manage their bookkeeping and payroll tasks. With our remote services, we can assist small businesses anywhere, but we have a special focus on supporting small businesses throughout North Carolina, particular in the Piedmont Triad region.
We know that you started your business to follow your passion, not to get bogged down in bookkeeping. We can take the task of managing your books off your plate, so you get back to doing the things you do best. Reclaim your time, build your brand, and give your customers your best by letting us assist with payroll, QuickBooks, and more.
Our Values and Our Commitment to You
As a small business ourselves, we instinctively understand the needs of our clients. Our Culture Statement clearly defines our commitment to our clients:
- Communication – We commit to keeping all of our clients informed of what has been done, what needs to be acted upon, and where they stand financially. We will always be open and receptive to questions and concerns.
- Patience – We commit to having the utmost patience when working with our clients. We commit to happily taking the time to explain and re-explain, until the client is comfortable.
- Compassion – We commit to having compassion for the struggles and challenges that all business owners face. We will never belittle a client for not understanding something or for asking questions. Furthermore, we’ll never belittle a client for having debt or losses in their business.
- Consistency – We commit to consistently perform every task the same way, every time, for every client, so they know what to expect. Our team will create workable systems to find the most efficient method for every action.
- Make Life Easy – We commit to going out of our way to be flexible and accommodating to work within our client’s systems, rather than our own. We commit to making our client’s finances as easy as possible for him or her to manage.
- Confidentiality – We commit to being a trusted confidant for private financial matters for our clients. We will never mention any personal information to others.
- Accuracy – We commit to making every effort possible to provide accurate information for our clients from trusted sources.
- Profitability – We commit to adding to the profitability of our clients’ businesses and the profitability of Starboard Accounting & Consulting in order to ensure the long-term success of all parties involved. Profits are the mutual responsibility of every employee and contractor.
- Enjoyment – Finances are often an arduous task for business owners. We commit to laughing and enjoying ourselves with our clients in order to make bookkeeping and QuickBooks as painless as possible.
- Initiative – We commit to taking initiative to solve a problem or make something better whenever we see an opportunity. We will make suggestions, create new ideas, and be open to the ideas of others.
Founder and President of Starboard Accounting & Consulting since 2008; Kerri has extensive experience in Accounting and Small Business Management. She studied Economics at the College of William & Mary, and Accounting at Forsyth Technical Community College. Kerri is a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor. She loves gardening, cooking, homesteading, and sewing. She currently resides in Pfafftown with her husband and 3 daughters, Charleigh, Hollee, and Laura.
Office, Human Resources, and Technology Manager with Starboard Accounting & Consulting since November 2016; Sheri has more than ten years of operations management experience. She has a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and a certificate in Human Resource Management from Forsyth Technical Community College. Sheri resides in Greensboro, NC with her three children.
Accounting Manager and QuickBooks ProAdvisor with Starboard Accounting & Consulting since January 2015; Amy studied Accounting at Forsyth Technical Community College, and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Gardner-Webb University. She currently resides in Winston-Salem, NC with her husband and two sons. She devotes her time to scrapbooking, playing sports, and spending time with family.
Bookkeeping Specialist with Starboard Accounting & Consulting since November 2010; Pamela is experienced in Bookkeeping and QuickBooks. She has a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from California State University in Fullerton, CA with a concentration on Accounting. Pamela is originally from California but ventured east and now resides in Greensboro, NC. She plays tennis, loves reading and spending time with her husband and three children.
Bookkeeping Specialist, Office Administrative Assistant, and Payroll Assistant with Starboard Accounting & Consulting since September 2015; Kristen has years of experience as a Bookkeeping Specialist. She currently resides in Pinnacle, NC. She enjoys spending quality time with her family of seven and close friends. Kristen can be caught catching Carolina Panthers football games, and having date nights with her husband.
Bookkeeping Specialist with Starboard Accounting & Consulting since November 2016; Sandie has years of experience as an Administrative Assistant and in Bookkeeping. She brings with her significant knowledge of Accounts Payable and QuickBooks. Sandie has made a home in Pfafftown, NC where she lives with her husband and son. Sandie can be found enjoying time running, hiking, motorcycling, gardening, and traveling with family.
Bookkeeping Specialist with Starboard Accounting & Consulting since December 2016; Blaine came to Starboard Accounting with an associate’s degree in Accounting and experience in Accounts Payable, payroll processing, and account reconciliations. Originally from Chester, SC, Blaine relocated to Greensboro, NC where she currently resides with her husband and 3 children. She looks forward to spending time with family and friends, and activities such as reading, relaxing on the beach, hunting, and fishing.
Bookkeeping Specialist and Payroll Specialist with Starboard Accounting & Consulting since February 2017; Kris has broad knowledge in Accounts Receivables and QuickBooks. She has a bachelor’s degree in Liberal Studies from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Kris resides in Winston-Salem, NC with her husband and two daughters. Kris loves hanging out and riding her two horses.
Bookkeeping Specialist with Starboard Accounting & Consulting since March 2018; She has a bachelor’s degree in Psychology from UNC Charlotte, and years of data entry and analysis experience. Kirstyn resides in Greensboro, NC where she enjoys reading, knitting, and pursuing new creative projects.
Bookkeeping Specialist with Starboard Accounting & Consulting since October 2019; Janet has years of extensive experience in Billing, Payroll, Sales and Marketing. She brings with her significant knowledge of project management, accounting & finance. She currently resides in Winston-Salem, NC where she enjoys spending time with her husband, children, 8 grandkids & friends, auto racing, and traveling.
Bookkeeping Specialist with Starboard Accounting & Consulting since May 2021; Samantha is enhancing her knowledge of Bookkeeping after completing her Bachelor of Science degree at Western Carolina University. She currently resides in Welcome, NC with her husband and 2 daughters. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, family game nights, church, and interior decorating.
Remote Bookkeeping and QuickBooks Consulting in Winston-Salem, Greensboro, High Point, and Beyond
Find out how we can help your business by setting up a free assessment. We’ll show you how we can help with your payroll processes and QuickBooks services. Contact us today.